Saturday, January 21, 2012

Good Eats...

Lately I've been on a mad hunt to find a seafood market that sells garlic crab trays. What the is heck is a garlic crab tray you ask.

But  food treasures like these just don't exist outside of my home state or anywhere on the west coast for that matter.
So I decided to take matters into my own hands (and kitchen) and concoct a little something of my own. Get into this food gluttony ;D .


First off... boil a few clusters of precooked snow crab  a large pot of water seasoned with cayenne and Old Bay seasoning(for extra kick).

In a separate sauce pan add a full bottle and a half of Parkay squeezable spread . Season with more Old Bay seasoning , garlic powder,cayenne and parsley flakes(optional) . I never really make exact measurements but if I had to guess I'd say add a tbsp of each or adjust it to your taste.

Place it at heat setting of medium until boiling . And then add approx.  1 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch to thicken the butter.Stir and remove it from the heat  .Set aside (it'll thicken as it sits). 
Then place the crab clusters in a steam bag or large oven bag . Pour the sauce mixture into the bag, over the crab.  Give the bag a toss  to evenly coat them.
Viola!

Throw it on a plate and get to diggin'. I added some pasta with sauteed shrimp. Glass of Red Moscato..Dinner is serve! 


No comments: